- What's the next number in this sequence: 10, 9, 60, 90, 70, 66 … ?
- Using only a four-minute hourglass and a seven-minute hourglass, measure exactly nine minutes—without the process taking longer than nine minutes.
+---+ | 1 | +---+---+---+ | 2 | 3 | 4 | +---+---+---+ | 5 | 6 | 7 | +---+---+---+ | 8 | +---+Rearrange the above numbers in the squares such that any adjacent numbers (for example, 1 and 2 or 6 and 7) are not next to each other horizontally, vertically, or diagonally. For example, in the above figure, 1 and 2 are next to each other diagonally, which violates the rule.
- Three people work together to figure out their average salary without telling anybody his/her own salary.
- Spell the numbers out: (Ten, Nine, Sixty, Ninety, Seventy, Sixty-six). A correct response will have nine letters: 96.
- Lesson learned here: If you tried to solve the series by looking for patterns and failed, look at the question from different angles.
- Start both hourglasses at 0 minutes. Flip over the four-minute glass when it runs out (at 4:00); ditto for the seven-minute glass (at 7:00). When the four-minute glass runs out the second time (at 8:00), the seven-minute glass will then have one minute of sand in its lower bulb. Flip the seven-minute glass over again and let the minute of sand run back. When the last grain falls, that will be nine minutes.
- Lesson learned here: 4 + 3 + 1 + 1. The important event is when the glass runs out the sand. So, the decision to make involves when to flip the glass and which glass.
+---+ | 7 | +---+---+---+ | 3 | 1 | 4 | +---+---+---+ | 5 | 8 | 6 | +---+---+---+ | 2 | +---+
- Lesson learned here: Place 1 and 8 at the center, which they are the most distant away. Then place 2 and 7 at the opposite sides. Finally, arrange 3-6 to be separate from each other.
- Each person chooses a random number and adds that number to his/her salary
- At the first run, pass that number to next person and add them up.
- Now, we have the sum of three person's salary plus 3 random numbers.
- At the second run, remove his/her random number from the total and pass the new total to the next person.
- Now, we have the sum of 3 person's salary. Just divide it by 3.
- Answers to Google Interview Questions
- What Recruiters Look At During The 6 Seconds They Spend On Your Resume
- The 10 Best Interview Questions to Ask
- Java Performance Tips
- Top 10 Collection Interview Questions Answers in Java
- HotSpot VM Performance Tuning Tips
- 30 Questions You Should And Shouldn't Ask In A Job Interview
- How to Promote Yourself Without Looking Like a Jerk